The following was published in the Launceston Examiner on 4 April 1918:
"This institution is to be officially opened tomorrow. His Excellency the Governor, Sir F Newdegate, will visit Wynyard to perform the ceremony, and will be accompanied by Captain Booth (Private Secretary). The Warden, J T Johnston, will meet and welcome his Exellency. The hospital is proving a great boon to the district and has been made practically full of patients since it was thrown open at the latter end of last year."
Below is a photograph of the Spencer Hospital as it appeared in 1919. Earlier photos of the hospital while still under construction can be found through the search engine on the Gallery webpage.
At left is a 1950 British documentary depicting scenes from the hospital itself and the township of Wynyard (from 0:46). It's really interesting to see how much the town has changed.