Students of Boat Harbour State School with head teacher, Miss Counsel. Photograph taken by A Bock in 1902.
Jacob's Boat Harbour School opened on 9 July 1888. The name was shortened to Boat Harbour School in 1899.
The Education Department annual report mentions a new school building for Boat Harbour Area School in 1954. In 1973, Boat Harbour secondary students went to Wynyard High School and the school was called Boat Harbour Primary School. Students came from an area bounded by Detention and Rocky Cape to the west, Wynyard and Table Cape to the east and the rural areas south towards Preolenna.